Thursday, March 28, 2013

Books That I Tried To Read But Just Couldn't (A Confession By Lexi)

Hey, loves!

So I know my reviews are usually on good books that are rated 5/5. This is because I want to share awesome literature and not bore you to death with a negative review, you know?

Here are books that I tried to get through for y'all but couldn't. This is not a normal issue for me, so it's been a surprise because it's been happening lately. I felt I wanted to tell y'all the truth -- I skimmed or just stopped reading. Or I read it through and felt like I wasted my time. Honestly, it was just not for me.

So, here are books you're not going to be reading rave reviews about (from me)...


  • Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Green
    • I skimmed it at one point. It's good, but depressing. If you can handle a slow book that's depressing, go for it. Otherwise, skip it. 1.5/5
  • Virtually Mine by Susan Rohrer
    • Too cutsie, too many lead characters. 2.5/5
  • Thumped by Megan McCafferty
    • Bumped was bad enough. There was no freaking way I was going to read the sequel. 0/5
  • Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
    • I skipped around, then skimmed. It's not too predictable, but it is kind of boring. There were more efficient activities and such that could have been done by the characters, and maybe some foreshadowing. Big event was not big enough. There was worse. So it's just ridonkulous (apparently, this is now a real word because there is no correction line). 1/5
  • The Mist on Bronte Moor by Aviva Orr
    • Great idea. Too lagging. It went super slow for much too long in the middle. It was still pretty good though. 3, maybe 3.5/5
  • Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & her daughter
    • Oh. My. Lord. I counted down the days to this book's release, and so I tried so hard on this one. I LOVE Jodi Picoult to death, but this novel seriously was not convincing enough for me to stick around. The idea was fun, but I couldn't finish it. It read like a super-dee-duper bad tween fanfic.
  • Dark Star by Bethany Frenette
    • But I AM still trying. I'm determined to get into this book more. So we'll see how this goes. No rating yet.
  • Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia
    • This book has no main character. It claims it does, but it clearly doesn't. So many characters were too evolved and focused on. This was just a mess. I stuck around, waiting for it to get better, but it didn't. Sorry, but this one is a 0/5.

This is it for now. Another 4 or 5 is coming up soon! *hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here so we can hear all your thoughts!