Sunday, July 14, 2013

Books to Read on Rainy Days (a happy post by Lexi)

Favorite books.

Everybody has them. You protect them like your children, and we all know they look worn out only because they're so very loved. The corners may be folded down, the pages may be yellowing around the edges, and they may be somewhat ripped, chewed on (by our canine loves), and/or just completely falling apart.

Here are eight books that are wearing down, even on my tablet, lol.



The China Garden by Liz Berry
So very worn out. And it's my third one.

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
To be fair, I read it first cuz it was my James Dean phase and it was his favorite book. And mine luckily had a letter and a photo inside from the 1980s.

Flawless Ruins by Kieryn Nicolas
A teen actually wrote this, and she is amazing. This was my first favorite dystopian novel as a teen. The story is rich, and it's just brilliant.

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
I've had it since childhood, and parts have fallen out, lol. But reading it as an adult is so enlightening. His words and wisdom are worth rereading this.

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
I've reviewed this already, but I have to say that it's just still so close to my heart. I love it.

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Such a new look at my childhood favorite. It just is amazing. No words.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
In a younger age, this novel shocked me to the core, but I loved it. It felt so true and real. Now, years later, I still am in love with this book, and with L.H. Anderson to share this story and rock the YA world.

Kiss My Tiara: How to Rule the World as a SmartMouth Goddess by Susan Jane Gilman
This novel made me laugh and finally feel good to be myself and a woman all at once. Each chapter is a new lesson for you in adulthood, and in teenage-dom, growing into your own person.



Now back to this rainy day, and my reading!

Look for future reviews I do on the books on this list that I haven't reviewed yet!



Love,

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here so we can hear all your thoughts!