We are working on this issue as much as possible. (Well, actually, my dad's friend is, as he was the one who got hacked and then it spread from him to my house and his job and such.) Anywho, it should be cleared up in the next few days, and hopefully our network will never be hacked again.
Just a few tips if you get deeply hacked:
- Cover your camera on your computer when it's on. Even if the light isn't blinking or lit up, they can still see you.
- Don't say anything around your computer when it's on. The stereo may not look like it's on but they can still hear you.
- Go into recovery mode and back everything up onto an external hard drive. In fact, do this weekly so if you do get hacked or anything happens to your computer, you can just wipe it and start again. I recommend one that has large storage capabilities. Mine's 3 TB, which means I'll probably never fill it, but hey, better safe than sorry.
- Don't solve the problem yourself. Go to a professional or an awesome computer/IT person, especially one that you know and trust.
- Be careful with the info you save in documents on your computer. It's safer to have them on paper hidden in your house than to save every password or a credit card number or anything on your computer.
- And, last, but not least, don't download anything that you don't know is completely safe, or this can happen to you.
That's all. Don't want to make you paranoid, just want to ensure y'all are safe from this. This has been a deep hack (from laptops to iPads to even our phones!!!), and it's been frustrating and terrifying. So be safe out there, you guys!!!
We'll be posting soon!!!