Thursday, September 12, 2013

"8 Songs That Should Become Books" (a lyrical Lexi post)

Lovely, Forgiving Readers,

It's super late, and I'm sorry, y'all. Fell asleep after work, and then thought it was Wednesday. How I do that, I have no clue whatsoever. lol.

Okay, so I'm going to do tonight's post on something different since it's like 9:03 here, and I don't want to just do a normal book review, especially for those who are up reading this. So, let's do songs that I wish would become books. Yes, random. But oh-so fun.

I'm a lyric girl all the way, while my little brother is one who loves the beat. But we both would choose this first one...

1.) "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons

If you listen to the lyrics, it's seriously a book in song form. (That's how I describe it anyways.) The lyrics have you playing this little movie in your head, and then you have to ask why everybody is red ("We're painted red/to fit right in"). Is it a chemical bomb side effect? Is it blood? Why was he in prison? etc.


2.) "There's Us" by Alexz Johnson

Yes, this is from the show "Instant Star," but I didn't like the story that led to this song. It didn't feel like it warranted these lyrics or anything. So let's strip the song down to its lyrics and let me show you the first lines with no background piano or anything: "There's me, looking down at my shoes. The one smiling like the sun, that's you. What were you thinking? What was the song inside your head?" Then it just gets better from there.


3.) "Heartache Every Moment" by HIM

Oh, I love this band's old songs; they're so raw and the lyrics actually mean something. Yeah, I know, so do many artist's, but Ville Valo painted these canvases with beautiful words, and they called it a song. It is so difficult to choose which song to choose, but this one wins with the lyrics "Cuz there's no smile of an angel/without the wrath of God."


4.) "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey

Y'all had to know this was going to be on here; it's a classic! It has a story in it, but you just want to know the characters, their lives, their worlds, why exactly they'd want to stop believin', and how they keep going on.


5.) "Red Light" by Jonny Lang

This song is so deep and true. One moment could change everything in your life, even caused by a red traffic light. Imagine this as a book where each chapter is a different character at a red light. Screw that. Don't imagine it. I'll be the one to write that book.


6.) "To Be With You" by Mr. Big

Okay, so I love this song. It's so sweet. Why can't we all just agree that this song is amazing? It is. Again, go to the lyrics. Think of it in all the different points of view this could be taken into. It would be wonderful!


7.) "Chaos" by Mute Math

A complicated life, and who's he looking to? Okay, I know it's supposed to be him looking to God in this song, but think of the possibilities! Every time his world is in chaos, he goes to the same person over and over. "I know you stay true when my world is false/ Everything around's breaking down to chaos./ I always see you when my sight is lost./ Everything around's breaking down to chaos." And that's only the chorus. I have a friend who does this, and I do, too. It's like a drug. You have to keep going back to this person cuz at least they'll tell you the truth to your face, and vice versa. Maybe I need to write this one as well, lol.


8.) "Satellite" by Jorge Moreno & Carlos Santana

The lyrics, again, are telling this awesome story. You can take them as you want, but this is just such a great song. If you haven't heard it, go listen to it. You'll come out inspired by the end, and wanting this man as your own.


And that's the list! Let me know what you think in the comments! Any songs you'd want turned into a book???


Hugs,
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here so we can hear all your thoughts!