Friday, January 3, 2014

"National Velvet" ( A Happy Ashley Review)

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

  I have an author interview coming up for yall and can't wait to post it. I am going to make a confession...I didn't know "National Velvet" was a book until I found it on the shelf at half price books. I knew it was a movie, because it is one of my favourites and has been ever since I saw it as a kid. "National Velvet" by Enid Bagnold, is such a feel good story of a young girl, who no matter what anyone says, achieves her dream.





The summary of this amazing story is as follows....

  "A 14-year-old English girl wins a horse in a raffle, trains it, and rides it in the Grand National steeplechase."

It may be a short summary, but don't let it take away from the fabulous book. It reminds you that a child's dream or even a dream you may have can come true if you only believe in yourself and your dream. Velvet, is a 14 year old girl, who does win a marvellous horse in a raffle and names him Pi. She meets an ex jokey along the way and together they train Pi, to race in the biggest race there is, the Grand National. Things happen along the way, but Velvet never gives up and when they lose their jokey just a day before the race, Velvet takes the reins and solves the issue. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, I am not going to tell you anything else, because I don't want to give anything away. After or before you read this amazing book, you should see the movie with Elizabeth Taylor and Mickey Rooney, because it is a classic.


Until Next Time,

Ashley

Rating: 5/5 photos of the movie "National Velvet".........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here so we can hear all your thoughts!