Sunday, April 7, 2013

Some Very Random Facts by Ashley

Hello Readers,

  I have started to have a small obsession with random facts and I have decided to share some with yall. These facts when I learned them I was like WTF on some and than laughing my butt off others. I hope you enjoy these facts I am going to share and have the same feelings that I did.

  • The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial
  • The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
  • Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category.
  • There are twice as many kangaroos in Australia as there are people. The kangaroo population is estimated at about 40 million
  • The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss in "If I Ran the Zoo."
  • Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
  • Walt Disney was afraid of Mice
  • In Saudi Arabia, a woman reportedly may divorce her husband if he does not keep her supplied with coffee
  • Before 1920, it was technically legal to send children through the mail
  • A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second
  • Penguins can convert salt water into fresh water
  • Turtles can breathe through their butts
  • On average people are more scared of spiders than death
  • It is impossible to lick your elbow
  • Barbie's full name was Barbra Millicent Roberts
  • When possums are playing possum they aren't actually playing. They literally pass out from sheer terror
  • Every time you sneeze brain cells die
  • In Lehigh, Nebraska it's against the law to sell donut holes.....weird, I love donut holes
  • The movie "Cleopatra" staring Elizabeth Taylor was banned in Egypt because she was a Jewish Convert
  • Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left handed
  • Keanu Reeves is afraid of the dark. Don't worry I will protect you sexy
  • In Tibet it is considered good manners to stick your tongue out at someone
  • It is the female lion who does more than 90% of the hunting, while the male is afraid to risk his life, or simply prefers to rest
Those are a couple of interesting facts that I have found and read. I hope you'll enjoyed them and got a couple of laughs. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will talk tomorrow when I blog about some book I have read...lol

Peace and Reading,
     
      Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here so we can hear all your thoughts!