Monday, April 22, 2013

A Little Crazy From Ashley

Hey out there in blogger world!!!!

   So most of you probably don't know that this blonde is working on writing a book..ya, it's going very slowly. Anyways I really didn't know what book to review because right now I am reading one, don't kill me Lexi, but it's 50 Shades of Grey and I will definitely be doing a blog about it when I am done. So today I thought I would do something I have never done before.......I am going to post a little of the beginning of my book just to test the audience out and I would love feedback. It is going to be copyrighted and if anyone takes my idea I might hunt you down and hurt you lol. Anyways enough with the threats, because I love yall here is a little preview...I hope yall enjoy my re-telling of Achilles and Briseis.......



The Goddess Aphrodite watched as Achilles helped Briseis up off the green Trojan grass, after having saved her from two of Agamemnon’s guards. The young lovers kissed oblivious to the great city going up in flames around them. Aphrodite turned after seeing a movement out of the corner of her eye. She spied Prince Paris with his bow raised poised to shoot Achilles, but he seemed to be hesitating as he watched his cousin in a passionate embrace with the killer of his brother. Just as he started to lower his mighty wooden bow the God Apollo showed up to his right side and started to whisper in his ear. Her fear was confirmed when she saw Paris raise is bow and re aim it at Achilles.

      Her eyes followed to where Paris had the bow aimed and noticed that it was aimed at  Achille’s heel. She wanted to do something to warn the young lovers, but knew that her father, Zeus, would punish her for revealing herself to mortals. All she could do is watch as Paris let his arrow fly with the perfect ‘whoosh’ sound. Briseis seemed to notice Paris and tried to scream for him to stop, but it was to late. The arrow hit its mark perfectly and went straight through the heel. Achilles fell forward into Briseis’ arms, as she cried and lowed him to the ground, cradling his head in her lap and begging him not to go. As Paris ran towards his cousin to get her to safety, Aphrodite heard Achilles tell Briseis that he would always love her and that they would be together again in the afterlife. Briseis leaned down and gave him the softest kiss on his lips and told him that she loved him too and that he would always be in her heart. Achilles closed his eyes one final time and died with a smile on his face.

      As Paris lead his cousin to safety, Aphrodite turned on Apollo, who was smiling down on the still form of Achilles’ body.

I hope yall enjoyed it.....

Love Yall!!!!!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here so we can hear all your thoughts!