Monday, January 14, 2013

Catherine ( An Ashley Review)

Hey guys..Sorry it took me a little bit to post this. "Catherine" is such a great read..I loved it so much I had to read it several more times lol. Here is a review of one of the best books ever!!!!!






This is by far one of my favorite authors, the way April Linder can take classics and put a new spin on them without going so off the original is awesome. This book is based on " Wuthering Heights" and is one of the best revisions that I have ever read. We follow Cathy's daughter in a search for her mother, along the way we meet an older Heathcliff and a love interest by the name of Cooper. I can't honestly talk about what we encounter anymore because of the fact that I would give the book's ending away, which I am not going to. This book is so worth the money and so worth the time. The hard time I had getting it, which Alexis had mentioned in an earlier post is actually comical. When it came out on January, 1st..I went to Barns and Noble to buy it, well they didn't have it because their shipment wasn't going to come that day because of the holiday. So i went back the next day thinking they would have it...nope, the truck still hadn't arrived. I called another book store, but they didn't have it either although they could have ordered it but it would take about a week...ya no. So I went to Amazon and had it sent for overnight to me which cost me about $30, but it was so so worth it.

After Reading it you will probably want to watch " Wuthering Heights", which the movie version I recommend is the 1939 one which comes back on DVD tomorrow..and yes I will be getting it. I also recommend reading April's other book " Jane" either before or after. I look forward to see which classic story this author takes under her wing next. Here is a picture of " Jane" which is Jane Eyre falling in love with a rock star..how much better can a book get!!!!


Both of these books are 20 Stars out of 5 lol..they are so awesome they are a must read!!!!

Peace and Love,

      Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here so we can hear all your thoughts!