Tuesday, December 18, 2012

" I've Got Your Number" (An Ashley Review)

Hello fellow readers,
 
    It's Ashley again....I know two book reviews in one day lol. But I had to review this book because I fell in love with it. "I've Got Your Number" by Sophie Kinsella, is one of the funniest books I have ever read. I got the weirdest looks from my parents because I would literally laugh out loud, because I couldn't help it. The wittiness and antics of the main character, Poppy, made me laugh and be like OMG I would so do that. You have to read this book, but be warned that you might get weird looks from people when you almost pee your pants laughing.





Here is the description of the book right from the inside cover......
 
   "Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her "happily ever after" begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill, but in the panic that follows her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!
    Well, perfect except that the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn't agree. He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life. What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents...she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life."

I don't want to give anything away about this book, because you don't see the final blow coming at all. Sophie, who is the author of all the Shopaholic books, gives you a funny and thrilling ride. The way she comes up with ideas for Poppy to hide the fact that she lost the family ring, is hilarious. The interaction between Poppy and Sam make you want to root for them and scream at Poppy when she makes some of the stupidest decisions. The revel towards the end will leave you saying OMG..i didn't see that one coming. This book was released last year and I would love for them to make a movie about it, as long as they don't screw this up, or they will have a pissed woman on their hands, lol. This book is so worth the read and once you pick it up it draws you in and you will never wanna put it down.

If you don't read this book you are missing out on one of the most thrilling books by Sophie.

Happy Reading,

   Ashley

Suggestions: Read this book somewhere privet, unless you don't mind getting stared at for laughing. I wouldn't recommend eating or drinking anything while reading, because with all the laughing you would have one mess to clean up, lol. I also wouldn't suggest reading this in the bath like I did, because you will be a prune and cold by the time you get out. Also, read near a bathroom, because with all the laughing you will have to go pee a lot..lol.

Afterwards: You might want to try to see if you can find a lost phone, but please don't. In reality someone will probably call the cops and report theft, also with all the weirdos in this world you might see some stuff you really don't want to see. Warning: you will want to read this book again and again ( or just go back and read your favorite parts, which I do, and there is nothing wrong with that).


I, of course, give this book: 5/5 little worms 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here so we can hear all your thoughts!